20090702

Groovisions


As mentioned in the previous post, one of Rip Slyme's album cover is done by a design agency called Groovisions from Tokyo, Japan. I am unclear of the designers names and their origins (update me if you happen to find more of their info), cos' I dun read japanese well, but their portfolio speaks volumes on how awesome their work is.

I really like how they incorporate cleanliness and simplicity in every one of their work. Even if the artwork is congested, they manage to find ways to balance out the congestion with play of space and color coordination. I've learned alot on how they make even the simplest of design appealing with their choice selection of colors.

Choice word of the day: Simple


One of their more notable signature is their chocolate confectionary corporate identity design for Meiji chocolates that ranges from packaging (which is particularly like) to bags to t-shirts to gift wraps. The website for the chocolate shop is here. You can view how they labeled the chocolates with numbers, each numbers indicates make of chocolate and origins. Very nice. During my last trip to tokyo I couldn't manage to find the damn shop, which is in Roppongi. The damn address didn't help either after navigating through rows and rows of shops and buildings. Shame, that would make great souvenirs for friends.


No comments:

 

blogger templates